Great Backyard Bird Count
2382 Pine Mountain Rd
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) on Saturday, February 17th! Held every year in February, the GBBC contributes data that provides a snapshot of bird distribution and helps scientists observe changes over the past two decades.
While the GBBC is held over the course of an entire weekend (Feb 16-20), Smith-Gilbert Gardens will host and submit a count on Saturday from 9AM-3PM. Bird-watching tours will be held throughout the morning and backyard birding experts from Bird Watcher Supply Co. will be on hand to answer all your birding questions. Children will enjoy scavenger hunts and bird-themed crafts.
- Guided bird walks every hour.
- Story time at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- “Vanishing Treasures: Georgia’s Declining Birds” presented by Roseanne Guerra of the Atlanta Audubon Society, at 1:30 p.m.
- Children’s bird crafts and scavenger hunt throughout the day.
- Up your backyard habitat game. Learn about feeders, nest boxes and other tips and tricks to bring more birds to your backyard from “Hummingbird Whisperer,” Julia Elliot of Birdwatcher Supply.
- Explore the pathways and gardens on your own, and discover why Smith-Gilbert Gardens is a hot spot for birds and birders.