Interest in volunteering at Smith-Gilbert Gardens? Join us with friends and family for one or all of our NEW Community Volunteer Days!
Registration is free and required to participate. Children are welcome to join with parents (there will be a parent consent form on-site at check-in for your child to participate).
Each volunteer day will begin at 9 AM and conclude by noon. We will provide all of the tools and gloves but you are also welcome to bring your own. Wear pants to help protect your knees, and layers as it will be cold some mornings as we begin. Bring your water bottle too!
- January 15- MLK Jr Day of Service
- Garden entryway beautification project. Project coordinators will lead volunteers in cleaning up the front entryway off Pine Mountain Road into the Gardens and planting new annuals.
- February 17
- Celebrate Georgia’s Arbor Day by participating in a tree and shrub planting around the Gardens.
- March 18
- Install temporary sculptures for the “Art Hatch” event around the Gardens and plant seasonal flowers around the installations.
- April 22
- It’s Earth Day! Celebrate with us by planting color around the Gardens and helping us prep for our annual plant sale, April 27.